Sloppy Cooking happens all around the globe. people who just want to eat something, and don't give a crap about aesthetics. is the food pretty? NO, but its damn good.
i find, most of this sloppy cooking comes right out of dorm rooms. why? because college kids don't give a shit what their food looks like - they're just hungry, and have finals to worry about. who cares what the food looks like, as long as its cheap and tasty......
i once told my mother that i kind of like boxed mac and cheese (blasphemy! i know!) and she took that idea, and ran with it. now, every so often, she buys me boxed mac and cheese in BULK. O_O
i started calling this College Casserole because i figured this is exactly the kind of bad for you crap that i probably would have eaten in college (or, others would probably eat) because the ingredients are dirt cheap, and the outcome is hot and delicious. i know it looks like a mess, but trust me.... its pretty good. when you don't feel like making food from scratch - b/c admit it, sometimes, you're just too damn tired - try this.
- 2 boxes, mac and cheese (plus milk and butter for prep, and water for cooking pasta)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (2 cans if you really want to hate yourself)
- 2 cans tuna packed in water (you can sub the same amount in canned chicken)
- 1 box stove top stuffing, any flavor, i used chicken b/c that is what i had (plus water and butter for prep)
- optional: 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1. make the mac and cheese according to box directions (you will need 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of butter. you can get away with 1/4 cup butter if you want to "healthy" it up, but lets face it.... this is one unhealthy dish). prepare in a large-ish pot because everything is going in there.....
2. while the mac and cheese cooks, prepare stove top according to box directions (you will need 1 and 1/4 cup of water, or chicken broth, and 1/4 cup of butter).
3. dump in the stuffing into the mac and cheese pot.
4. open the tuna and DO NOT drain. open the condensed cream of mushroom soup. dump both of these into the big pot. add in the vegetables too.
5. stir until incorporated and heat everything through on low for a few minutes.
6. crack open a cheap beer and eat up...... pack on that freshman 15 like a champ!!
p.s. - i should mention, this makes enough for like 4 people.... or one really big freshman O_O